What is it?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a relationship where consumers purchase a “Share” of our harvest and receive a box full produce all season long. Our CSA Shares provide value to our members because of the quality and quantities of the wide diversity of fruits, vegetables, & herbs that we grow. The CSA Share model benefits the farmers by providing a rewarding livelihood; while supporting a growing network of small, diverse family farms.
Our farm is specialized. 95% of the produce we harvest on our farm is grown specifically for our CSA Share Members. As a result, our Members get the benefit of having a farm that grows varieties of fresh produce that reflect their preferences.
How does it work?
We will grow, harvest, and deliver your fresh produce with care. We offer over 15 residential pick up sites to choose from, and will deliver from June 18th to October 5th, a total of 16 weeks. We also provide Strawberry, Blueberry and Apple add-ons which are included in each share at no additional charge.
What is coming in my Share?
Our CSA Share program works well because we plan our seeding and transplanting in advance so we can “plan” what comes in the CSA Share boxes each week. Of course there are variations each season due to weather and other factors, but overall our Share Members will see many similarities from year to year.
We grow multiple plantings of the more popular varieties so they are in harvest for longer as well. Our goal is to provide the most complete variety of the season while emphasizing in the produce that our members really want. Typical Shares may include:
Early Season: Romaine Lettuce, Strawberries, Rhubarb, Sugar Snap Peas, Red Butter-crunch Lettuce, Garlic, Kale, Radishes, Kohlrabi, Swiss Chard, Bok Choy, Chives, Red Romaine Lettuce, Green Onions, Zucchini, New Potatoes.
Mid-Season: Cucumbers, Yellow Watermelons, Zucchini, Sweet Corn, Muskmelon, 7 varieties of sweet and hot Peppers, Tomatoes (slicing, roma, and grape), Blueberries, Carrots, Green Beans, Fresh herbs like Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Beets, Fresh Onions, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Yukon Gold Potatoes.
Late Season: Winter Squash varieties, Apples, Brussel Sprouts, Pie Pumpkin, Sweet Potatoes, Kohlrabi, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Russet Potatoes, Parsnips, Dried Onions, Carrots, Icicle Radishes, Beets with Greens, Purple Potatoes.
Pricing & Sizes
We offer two CSA Share sizes, the Half Share and the Whole Share.
Half Share: $415 for 5/9th bushel box. An average family of 4 will be best suited by a half share box, which is comparable to 1 brown grocery bag full of produce each week. If you know your family consumes higher than average amounts of fresh produce, the whole share box could be a good idea.
Whole Share: $640 for 1 1/9th bushel box. It is exactly twice the amount of produce that the half share contains, about 2 brown grocery bags full of produce each week. We suggest the whole share for a large family of about 6-8.
An option for two payment installations is available. The first half of the membership would be due with the application and the second half will be due by May 31st 2018 unless other arrangements are made. Contact us for more details.
Pick up Sites:
Residential: Open for all to choose!
Please note: Residential locations listed below do not have the complete address because the Pick Up Site is hosted at another member’s home. We send out the exact addresses to members who sign up for the site, or at request.
- Albertville-St. Michael: Residential. One mile west of Cty Rd 19/ Main Street, 49th St NE & Kaiser Avenue cross streets. Pick up Wednesdays 3:00-8:00.
- Brooklyn Park- Champlin: Residential. Less than a half mile from Nobel Avenue & 109th St cross streets. Pick up Tuesdays 3:00-7:00.
- Big Lake: Farm. Near CR 15 CR 43 intersection; 23078 164th Street. Pick up Wednesdays 1:00-7:00.
- Big Lake: Residential. 1 Block from City Hall; 371 Minnesota Ave. Pick up Wednesdays 1:00-7:00
- Blaine: About a half mile from the 109th Ave NE & University Ave NE cross streets, on 107th Ave NE. 107th Ave NE. Pick up Mondays 3:00-7:00.
- Elk River: Residential. One block from Dairy Queen off of Highway 10. Pick up Wednesdays 2:00-7:00.
- Minneapolis: Residential. Lakes & Legends Brewery. Downtown Minneapolis in the heart of Loring Park. Available for all. Pick up Tuesdays 3:00-10:00.
- Monticello: Residential. On East River Road. 3 Blocks from Highway 25 and Broadway cross streets. Pick up Wednesdays 3:00-8:00.
- Oak Grove: Residential. A half mile north of Viking Blvd & Flamingo St NW. Pick up Mondays 2:00-7:00.
- Ramsey: Residential. Less than a half mile from Highway 10 and Jarvis St NW cross streets, on Inverness Lane NW. Pick up Wednesdays 2:00-7:00.
- Robbinsdale: Residential. On York Avenue N. Near Victory Memorial Drive & 36th Ave N cross streets. Pick up Tuesdays 3:00-8:00.
- Rogers: Residential. 2 Miles from I-94 and Hwy 101 intersection. Pick up Wednesdays 2:30-7:00.
- St. Paul 1: Residential. On Laurel Ave. Laurel & Fairview cross street. Pick up Tuesdays 2:00-7:00.
- St. Paul 2: Residential. On Hamline Ave N, Near Hamline University. 1 block from Hamline Ave N & Energy Park Drive. Pick up Tuesdays 2:30-7:00.
- Zimmerman: Residential. At Hardware Hank; 12860 Fremont Avenue. Pick up Mondays 1:00-7:00.
Private: Pick Up Sites below are open for Employees only.
- Elk River: Sherburne County Government Center. Available for Employees only. Pick up Thursdays after 1:00PM.
- Maple Grove: Upsher-Smith. Available for Employees only. Pick up Thursdays after 2:00PM.
- Minneapolis: American Academy of Neurology. Available for Employees only. Pick up Tuesdays between 2:00-4:00PM.
- Minneapolis: Lurie, LLP. Available for Employees only. Pick up Tuesdays after 2:00PM.
- Minneapolis: U.S. Bancorp Center. Available for Employees only. Pick up Mondays from 2:00-4:00PM.
- New Hope: Horwitz Mechanical Construction. Available for Employees only. Pick up Thursdays after 1:30PM.
- New Hope: Farrell’s eXtreme Body Shaping. Available for FXB clients only. 7550 42nd Ave N. Pick up between Tuesday 4:00-7:30PM to Wednesday 4:30-10:30AM.
- Plymouth: Danfoss Power Solutions. Available for Employees only. Pick up Thursdays after 2:00PM.
- Plymouth: Upsher-Smith. Available for Employees only. Delivery Thursdays by 12:30PM.
- Plymouth: Daikin Applied. Available for Employees only. Pick up Thursdays after 1:00PM.
- St. Louis Park: Park Place West, 6465 Wayzata Blvd. Available for Employees only. Pick up Tuesdays after 2:00PM.
- St. Louis Park: Park Place East, 5775 Wayzata Blvd. Available for Employees only. Pick up Tuesdays after 2:00PM.
- St. Michael: U.S. Water. Available for Employees only. Pick up Wednesdays after 3:00PM.
What is a “bushel box”?
We use bushel boxes to pack our produce in because they are strong. They are wax covered boxes, so they do not weaken like a normal box would after being used for 16 weeks. It helps the produce have a safe way to travel. The boxes are packed strategically to have everything fit, with the delicate produce on top of course.
Each box will have a member’s name on the label. Each member will get two brand new boxes in the beginning of the year. The boxes are on a rotation, so when we deliver a box full of produce we will take the empty box from the previous week. Some members choose to bring reusable bags to empty their CSA boxes into, while leaving the CSA box at the drop site to avoid forgetting to return the boxes.
If you forget to return the box, there will not be any penalty. We understand that summertime can get busy and that returning CSA boxes is not always at the top of the priority list.
The sticker above is an example of how our boxes would be labeled if we purchased a CSA share. It includes a small note on the bottom detailing pick up location and share size.